Monday, December 12, 2011

Turkey Meatloaf with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Feta

Turkey Meatloaf with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Feta
by Giada Di Laurentiis



This recipe was passed on to me by one of my co-workers. It sat around for quite a while, then I realized I had sun-dried tomatoes and feta to use up in my fridge. When I told Wes that we were having meatloaf, he was very excited. However, when he took his first bite of this "meatloaf" he declared, that this was not meatloaf.

This is a fun take on "meatloaf" and it's nice and light. I admit, the grocery store didn't have ground turkey, so I used ground chicken instead. Surprisingly, it stayed pretty moist and it didn't dry out like ground poultry can. I do love the sweetness of the sun-dried tomatoes and the saltiness of the feta. You can never go wrong with that combination.

The great thing is that you can make this a day ahead and just pop it in the oven when you're ready to eat. Planning ahead for this meal allows you to not be spending a super long time in the kitchen for this since it takes 45 minutes to cook.

Pair this with classic meatloaf side dishes like mashed potatoes and a vegetable or keep it lighter with maybe couscous and a veggie. It's a fun take on meatloaf. And Wes eventually did come around to this dish, saying it was ultimately pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment