Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Shrimp and Andouille with Grits

Shrimp and Andouille with Grits
by Everyday Food



This isn't the first time I've made shrimp and grits. However, this is a different version than the one I made here. This recipe was a a little more simple and it still packed big flavor. I think I liked the sauce that the shrimp and sausage were cooked in. It must've been the garlic type sauce. And I couldn't find andouille sausage exactly, so I substituted hot Italian links. And instead of grits, I made polenta.

A good, down home meal. The shrimp were incredibly tender. And like I said, the sauce gave it an extra punch of flavor which I enjoyed. I also do like the hot Italian links as it gave a little extra kick to the dish.

A fun, typically Southern meal to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment