Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Chile Corn Chowder


This recipe came about from my produce picking trip last year. I had gotten a bunch of peppers and didn't know what to do with them. So I scoured the internet and found a suitable recipe. Don't ask me how I found it.

The gal uses organic, but heck, I just used whatever I had on hand. Hooo, boy, was this a spicy soup! Must've been those peppers I got. Still not sure what they were. Maybe hatch chiles? You know, like the ones they sell on the side of the road in the fall? Anyhoo, I think this was my first foray into roasting peppers too. Some of the chiles were harder to peel from the skin, but it didn't take too long before I had all the meat and seeds for the soup. Yep, I left the seeds mixed in. Make a mental note of that for next time.

Granted, I like spicy things. And I love this soup. I put a little Monterrey jack on the bottom of the bowl in addition to on top. So when you dipped down to the bottom, you also got some ooey, gooey, cheesiness. Good with some bread to dip and a delicious, totally not-healthy, soup to add to the repertoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment