Friday, December 2, 2011

Focaccia Bread

So I'm sure I've mentioned that I got the Joy of Cooking cookbook for Christmas one year. The homemade pizza dough comes from that same cookbook. In fact, this focaccia bread starts out the exact same as the pizza dough, but ends up in a different form.



If I could live off of carbs for the rest of my life, I'd be one happy girl. This bread, right out of the oven, was to. die. for. The outside was crusty and the inside was nice and fluffy. I have no clue what I put on top - probably some mixture of Parmesan cheese, dried oregano and dried basil. I did salt the top, but it doesn't need it. Dipped in some olive oil and it was just heavenly.

Wes wasn't as thrilled about it as I was. But then again, I don't know that he loves carbs as much as I do. I could and probably did, eat this whole thing myself.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment