Monday, May 24, 2010

Beef Stroganoff

I don't think I'd ever order beef stroganoff at a restaurant. But this is probably one of my most favorite meals ever and the easiest! This recipe comes from my mom. I don't know where she got it from, but I love it. I think a lot of my food likes come from my dad because he likes this dish quite a lot too. So easy... It only takes... four ingredients. Yes, four!

Beef Stroganoff

1 lb. ground beef
1 can cream of chicken
8 oz. sour cream
Egg noodles, or whatever kind you have
Salt & pepper <-- those don't count as ingredients

Cook pasta according to directions.

Brown meat, draining fat as needed. Once all the meat is cooked, add the can of cream of chicken. Turn the heat down to low and wait until the pasta is done or almost done. Add most of the sour cream and stir. If it's too thick, add some milk to thin it to the consistency you like. Add salt to taste. Add lots of freshly ground pepper.

Dish out noodles into a bowl and spoon sauce over the noodles. Top with parsley for some color.


Add a little bit of parsley to give the dish some color.

Ok, I know beef stroganoff usually has mushrooms in it. So you could probably substitute cream of mushrooms for cream of chicken. My mom always made it this way, so I don't change it up. Have I said how much I love this dish? It must be the sour cream and pepper combo, but I can never get enough of this dish - even when I'm stuffed.

It's such an easy and quick meal to make. I have no idea what "real" beef stroganoff tastes like, but this is good enough for me. I don't always use egg noodles either. I frequently make it with spaghetti noodles. But a wide noodle definitely holds on to the sauce a lot better.

You have to try it and taste all it's deliciousness.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment