Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Wolfman

I don't like scary movies. It's not that they scare me when I watch them, it's when I'm home at night that I start thinking about the murderers and aliens that are going to get me. So I prefer to preserve my fragile imagination and not watch them. Wes likes scary movies. I made a deal with him that I would watch one scary movie with him. The Wolfman ended up being that movie.



Benecio del Toro is casted pretty well ("I will kill all of you!") in this movie and the trailers give it away that he's the wolfman that the movie centers around. Yes, this movie had plenty of jump-out-at-you-and-scare-you moments, which qualified it for my scary movie. I didn't think it was overall that scary though. Gory, yes. There was a lot blood and dismembered bodies. Oh, and entrails. If you have a weak stomach, don't watch this movie. But overall entertaining. The story wasn't that deep and Wes and I both agreed that we would have both loved to have seen more of Hugo Weaving and Emily Blunt. Anthony Hopkins reminded me of his character in Legends of the Fall - the crotchety old man.

Ironic that this movie came out on Valentine's Day weekend along with all the other romantic comedies that opened. But maybe they figured girls would be scared enough to grab on to the guy that they came with. Maybe a rental if you're into this genre. And maybe go for the Red Box rental to save a buck on Blockbuster.

No comments:

Post a Comment