Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Shrimp and Roasted Garlic Tamales

This recipe came from the same Bobby Flay cookbook as the short rib recipe. And no, it wasn't any easier to make. This was an all day project.

Who doesn't love tamales? But not wanting to buy a whole bag of masa for just a few tamales, I looked for alternatives that were more doable. Luckily, this recipe was in that cookbook. I don't know if was worth all the time it took. And like I mentioned before, it was probably lacking the actual hand of Bobby Flay himself.

The tamales ended up being pretty sweet and yummy. But soaking the corn husks for 24 hours, then the messiness of trying to stuff them, I think I'll stick to the frozen kind in the freezer section of the grocery store. The garlic sauce could have been a bit thicker as well. It was a runny and didn't really stick to anything. Although the tamales did do a good job of soaking up the sauce.

All in all, it was a good effort and didn't taste bad. But Bobby Flay is just too much work for me.


I saw shrimp and thought this would be an easy and quick meal. Ha. Not!

No comments:

Post a Comment