Friday, November 11, 2011

Avocado Crab Salad

So I think I was on an avocado kick when I found this recipe. And why not throw crab into the mix? It's one of the ways to get Wes, the meat-eater, to eat a salad for dinner.

Canned crab makes this a pretty quick dinner. Although, I would try to find fresher crab meat next time. It was still a delicious salad.



Avocado Crab Salad

The recipe calls for anchovies and haricots verts, or fancy green beans. I don't remember if I left the anchovies out or not. If you look closely in the pictures, I definitely left out the green beans. Either I forgot to add it to the grocery list or I didn't feel like having green beans in my salad. Most likely it was the second reason.

And chances are I left out the anchovies. Either way, it was still a tasty salad. The dressing will be just as good without the anchovies if it's something you're not interested in utilizing. However, those experts over at foodnetwork.com probably make the dressing that much better by adding the salty little fish.

And you know, you can always turn this into a wrap if people in your life are so against salad as an entree. It wouldn't be the first time I've used that trick on you-know-who.

Enjoy! And happy 11-11-11!

No comments:

Post a Comment