Monday, April 12, 2010

Cilantro Pesto

I like cilantro. I like pesto. What a great combination these two things would make! I was pretty optimistic about this dish. Unfortunately my expectations weren't met. This pesto is pretty strong. It has a much stronger flavor than your typical basil pesto. (Note the small amount of sauce on the pasta. With basil pesto, I like to drown my food in it.) It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't say it was my favorite sauce to make. Luckily the scallops made a nice, sweet paring. There was a nice underlying butter and olive oil flavor to the noodles and scallops, which helped make the cilantro not so overwhelming. Careful with any additional salt as it can get pretty salty quickly.

I don't know that I would make this again. But if you're daring enough to try this recipe, tell me what you thought of it!
And definitely check your teeth in the mirror after dinner. No one likes walking around with green things in between their teeth.

Cilantro Pesto


2 cups cilantro leaves (1 bunch)
1 Tb. lime juice (~1/2 lime)
5 Tb. extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tb. unsalted butter, room temperature
Salt to taste
Freshly ground pepper




No comments:

Post a Comment