Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lemon Chicken Pasta

This is an easy and very flavorful dish, not to mention healthy! My personal notes are in italics. And just for the disclaimer: This is not my recipe.

Lemon Chicken Pasta

1 lb. of pasta - I used elbow macaroni, but whatever you have will work.
2 chicken breasts, cut into slices
Salt & pepper
3 garlic cloves, sliced
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
3 Tb. olive oil
3 Tb. rough chopped parsley
2 lemons, juiced
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Season chicken with salt & pepper. Heat a grill pan over medium high heat and grill chicken. Shrimp would be a good alternative. When done let chicken sit for a couple of minutes and then slice.

Cook the pasta in a pot of salted water.

Cook garlic and red pepper flakes to a pan with olive oil. Saute until fragrant. I used more like 1/3 or 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes and 4 garlic cloves. I like things a little spicier. Add the cooked pasta and turn heat off. Mix together.

Add sliced chicken and salt & pepper as needed. Add juice of the lemons. I tasted the pasta after adding one lemon and determined that it was lemony enough for me. If you like a more distinct lemon flavor, add the second lemon. Add chopped parsley and stir. Before serving, add Parmesan cheese.


It's so pretty! Sorry about the dim lighting.

This was a different dish than I normally would make. It has a lot of different flavors going on. The first bite, you get a bit of the sweet tang from the lemon and then here comes the heat from the red pepper flakes and garlic. I honestly forgot to add the Parmesan cheese at the end, but I imagine that saltiness of the cheese would just add another wonderful dimension to this dish.

It's such an easy and quick meal and totally pack full of flavor. Hope you enjoy! We did!

No comments:

Post a Comment